Do you want to help the advancement of renewable energy?
By joining our team, you will be part of accelerating the widespread deployment of solar energy, energy storage systems, and positively impacting society and the planet. We achieve our purpose through the long-term success of our customers. We strive to be a high-performing, innovative team that reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
In Associate Project Manager, Solar Independent Engineering role, you will work on a variety of solar and solar + storage projects throughout North America. You will be exposed to the entire project life cycle, work with the biggest developers and financiers in the space with cutting edge technology. The primary functions of these positions include supporting major customer accounts, supporting project due diligence, assisting in or managing projects, contributing to process improvements, sharing knowledge, obtaining and receiving feedback, and a bit of business development including developing proposals.
Our teams work across all scales of projects, and depending on your experience and interest, you would focus on residential, distributed generation, or utility scale systems.
DNV is the world’s leading renewable energy consultant. DNV’s Solar team holds a substantial market position for independent engineering services to support the financing and construction of solar and solar + storage projects in North America, and our staff are viewed as experts and thought leaders in the industry. In this role, our team provides technical consulting and independent engineering services for solar project developers, financial institutions, and investors who rely on our reports as part of their investment decision making process.
In our team, we care about providing our employees with a fulfilling long-term experience. We are proud supporters of our ever-growing community of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). We prioritize flexible work environments and flexible work schedules.
We have offices in several major U.S. cities, including San Diego, Oakland, Chalfont, Portland, Seattle, Medford, Austin, Dallas, Houston, and New York City.
For this position we support hybrid and in person work options.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with the coordination of the technical review process among internal specialists including civil and electrical engineering, energy assessment, technology, and permitting teams, and synthesizing and writing due diligence reports
- Perform overall project management activities and ensuring excellent customer communication
- Perform portions of due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model reviews, and synthesis of inputs from technical disciplines, as well as other reviews and analysis within your expertise
- Assist with the resolution of technical issues with project developers, lenders, and investors, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists
- Assist with Developing and winning proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work
- Coordinate or perform DNV construction monitoring and site visit activities
- Support the Project Management team and customers through the financial closings of projects
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts including leading tool development, process refinement, digitization efforts, and lessons learned activities
- Support our mission and vision and having fun while you do it!